CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pretty Poppies!

I've become quite the pyromaniac with this one... SO fun to make and if I had it my way, I'd surely make this pretty little flower a daily, mandatory, fashion necessity.

Here's how!

1. Cut fabric into various sizes of circles. (You'll need 7 to 10 of them) The more random the better, and the more circles you cut, the fluffier the flower!
2. Next, burn (yes burn!) the edges of the circles. I've found that a candle is the most efficient way. NOTE: Fabric is EXTREMELY flammable! Keep a cup of water handy in case you get a blazer. lol The petals will look like this:They'll fluff up like the pic above!

3. Once all of the edges of your circles have been burned, you now have petals! Stack them on top of each other with a little dab of hot glue between each one.

4. Now, add whatever you want to the middle. A pretty pearl, an old broach, jewels, buttons, whatever you'd like!

5. Hot glue a piece of felt to the back to help with stability. Your pin can be glued to the felt.

6. Snaz up your favorite denim jacket....or purse....or shirt...or skirt....or necklace with one of these things!

I made a red one, too....and I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be a hair clip or pin, so I glued a pin and a hair clip and made them both!
just in case....save yourself the trouble and don't try to do this with sild! Doesn't work. Just regular ol' fabric works.

Also, can not remember where this idea came from. It's not my own idea. If I remember, I'll add the site!

1 comment:

  1. I adore these....I made some a while back & my girls thought I was CRAZY when they saw the process...turned out they were a HUGE fan, they love wearing them too!

    ReplyDelete