CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The easiest thing you will EVER make. Promise.

While walking through a shop called Hearts and Hands in Katy, TX during my brief stint there a few years ago, I saw this idea and immediately knew it would be one I'd be trying for myself. It is the perfect gift for a teacher...or a mommy...or a secretary....or a ....well, you get the point.

It's quick, it's easy, it's handy, and it's CHEAP! It's......a.......Post-it note holder!!!!!!

Take a cheap-o plastic 4x6 frame, a little pretty paper to slip inside, some ribbon( if you please), and a post-it note pad, and you've got yourself a handy little spot for all of your note-taking needs. Sometimes I feel like I couldn't survive without post-its!

Here's what it looks like from the side:

Another variation:
And some more paper ready to be put to work:

Here are some tips: Don't go the super cheap route like I did and purchase your frames at a "Dollar Store". They are pretty flimsy and "bow" a little when you write on them. Hobby Lobby's are the best I've found ($1.99) and are much sturdier than the others. Also, even the "super sticky" post-its aren't quite sticky enough to stay "stuck" to the frame. A little hot glue works great to keep them secure.

I dazzled mine up a little bit with the help of my Cricut machine (couldn't live without it) but if you don't have one, stickers would work great.

There are some fun post-it note colors these days. Right now, at Wal-Mart, individual packs are just $1!

Easy Peasy! Why didn't I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment