CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pour a little sugar on it, honey!

Know what I love?? Sugar scrub. I like to call it "sugah scrub". Way more southern. Way more fun to say.

Know what I don't love about sugar scrub?? Sometimes I like to use sugar scrub by the kitchen sink, since a lot of my hand washing happens there. I've purchased some great ones, and even made some great ones with a recipe I googled, and they have left my skin feelin' smoothy smooth. BUT....I really am not too crazy about my kitchen sink being oily or super highly fragranced by those scrubs. Know what I mean??

Here comes the latest great idea: (pretty sure I'm the last person on the planet to try this, but maybe it'll come in handy to bloggy friends, too) I'm super excited about this because I'll be sugar scrubbing at the sink all the time, now!


What you'll need:
Mason jars
Sugar
and DAWN "Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty" dishsoap. That's right. DISHSOAP!

I used the Pomegranate Splash HOWEVER, one of my favorite-avorite smells eeever is Lavender. And there is a Lavender scent of this dishsoap, too! Yay!

Fill the jars up about 3/4 full or so with sugar, top with dishsoap, and stir with a butter knife.

Note: Don't ask how I know this, but DO NOT TRY TO STIR WITH A SPOON! Hot mess!

Mine's plain jain sitting on my cabinet, which suits me fine because I'm a huge fan of mason jars, but if you're gifting, I'll lead you in the direction of some cute-sy ways to decorate them - - click the link below!

Might I recommend this site to you!?!? The Gaines Gang Super cute blog. Follow her while you're there. Annnd.....I didn't bother with any pictures because she has the best pics of the process there. Go! Follow! Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment